Ready to Learn How to Read The Brain?
Our online modules give you all the training you need for your QEEG certification.
QEEG Certification (QEEG-D & QEEG-T)
Here's What You'll Learn
This course includes:
Videos That Demonstrate How To Read EEG And QEEGs
Articles On Important Clinical Findings, Required Readings For The QEEG Exam
Quizzes And Practice Exams To Test Your Knowledge
Lectures On How To Spot Clinically Relevant Information In Brain-Based Data
Analysis Of Tough Cases Like Mood Disorders, Epilepsy And ADHD
Course Chapters and Content
Chapter 1: Recording And Editing Raw EEG And Artifact Detection (2 Hours)
Chapter 2: Basic Neurophysiology And Neuroanatomy (4 Hours)
Chapter 3: Medication / Drug Effects (2 Hours)
Chapter 4: Database Analysis (4.5 Hours)
Chapter 5: Clinical And Cognitive Aspects (6.5 Hours)
Chapter 6: Montages And Spectral And Topographic Aspects Of The EEG (3 Hrs)
Chapter 7: QEEG Analysis And Neurofeedback Application (6 Hours)
This chapter will cover various QEEG databases and various potential neurofeedback protocols to be used as a result.
Steps To Earn A QEEG-D Or QEEG-T
- Register with the International Quantitative EEG Certification Board online here.
- Submit an application with documentation of the necessary educational prerequisite and pay a filing fee to the International Quantitative EEG Certification Board here.
- Get mentored! To receive the QEEG-D or QEEG-T designation, you must demonstrate competency through working with an established mentor, who has earned the status of QEEG-D. You will want to choose a mentor who is experienced in the field of neurotherapy and who has the skillsets and uses the types of software you would like to become proficient in. The mentor and mentee will spend a minimum of 10 contact hours together. The mentor must be a QEEG-D and will review five EEGs and QEEGs to check your competence in EEG acquisition and QEEG interpretation.
- Attend a 40-hour online didactic course—register here!
- Take the exam. The exam is three hours and consists of:
- Editing Raw EEG and Artifacts
- Drug Effects
- Database Analysis
- Clinical and Cognitive aspects of QEEG and EEG
- Topographic and Spectral EEG and Montages
Who Gets Quantitative EEG Diplomate Designations?
Anyone can take this course, the content can be applicable to anyone wanting to learn about EEG and Quantitative EEG. We welcome all who are interested to sample the course and register for an account on our site.
Clinically-licensed individuals (be it Registered Nurse, Clinical Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist) who gather clients’ EEGs and analyze that data are eligible for the QEEG-D. Non-licensed professionals can obtain the Quantitative EEG Technologist (QEEG-T) Certification. In the field of neurotherapy and applied psychophysiology, the QEEG-D and QEEG-T are seen as high distinctions denoting a clinician’s competence and experience in analysis.
To attain the QEEG-D credential, the applicant must prove competency to the International QEEG Certification Board IQCB) by submitting a CV, resume, and/or evidence of an acceptable degree. It is also mandatory that the individual is licensed/credentialed in a health care related field working in a clinical practice. Unlicensed individuals who are treating clinical issues (psychological and physiological disorders) are advised to work under a licensed professional.
Questions about QEEG-D Certification?
QEEG, QEEG-D Certification - IQCB Training
A Quantitative EEG Master Level Certification The Quantitative EEG Certification is a distinction that indicates someone who has competency in the reading of electroencephalographic data (EEG), as well as mastery of the quantification of that data (as seen in brain maps). This online module is the 40-hour course necessary for final accreditation. Course Features: Open enrollment year-round Self-paced home study program Required reading material for the QEEG Exam are made accessible How-to videos demonstrating how to read EEG and QEEGs included Lectures on how to visually identify clinically relevant information in brain-based data are included Quizzes and practice exams to test your knowledge.